Chorley Hospital A&E Department Re-opens Monday 2nd November 202029th of October, 2020
- The emergency department at Chorley and South Ribble District General Hospital (DGH) will reopen on Monday 2 November 2020.
- The department will accept patients from 8am until 5pm each day. Senior decision making clinicians (consultants and middle-grade doctors) will be on hand until 7pm to assess and manage care for patients arriving close to 5pm.
- The A&E service at CDH will initially be an adult’s only service.
- Any child or young person (under 18 years of age) needing A&E services should attend the Royal Preston A&E to ensure that they get the best care in the right place. If these patients visit Chorley A&E, they will be safely transferred to the Royal Preston.
- Royal Preston Hospital is the best place for the appropriate care of any pregnant women, children and young people in an emergency situation.